Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It is HOT in Columbia, just in time for Summer Institute 2013!

Famously Hot Columbia, site of this year's Summer Institute, has a totally different meaning when you are 8 months pregnant. Hot does not begin to describe the way it feels outside when you are carrying around 25 extra pounds!

Not sure I really thought this August due date thing through - I definitely didn't take into consideration the heat that I would endure. I am already melting and I have many weeks to go and many pounds to gain.

Being 8 months pregnant is also very interesting when you have a 3.5 year old at home. I wasn't sure how he was going to react - what he would think about my expanding belly and what he will think when there is a brand new baby girl in our house. Although I still can't predict how he will handle this huge transition once she is here, I can report that he has been so incredibly sweet - and funny - with the big belly. Each day when I get home from work he wants to say hey to his baby sister and lay his head on my tummy. He likes to use it as a pillow and also is adorable when he wants baby sister to play games with us. For Candy Land, she even gets her own player. But my favorite story is the night Lucas and my husband Charlie were playing in a fort pretending to hide from monsters. When he heard me coming he screamed to Charlie, "quick, lets hide; the big bellied alien monster is coming." Yes, that's right folks, he called me the "big bellied alien monster". I don't think me and my husband have ever laughed so hard. It was suc

h a priceless moment.

While we are all excited about our new addition and can't wait for her to get here, I am also really enjoying my time watching Lucas go through this pregnancy experience with us. To date, he hasn't actually asked how she got in there, which kind of surprises me, but I bet that question will come sooner or later. That will be another blog for another day!

Join us at Summer Institute on Thursday and Friday, June 13th and 14th, to learn, network, and be inspired! We hope to see you there! Info can be found here

by: Cayci Banks, Director of Communications, SC Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment