Let's party like it's 1994!
In all seriousness, we are counting down to Summer Institute 2014, where we will continue to celebrate 20 years of accomplishments in teen pregnancy prevention while pushing even harder for more growth and progress. We are excited to have more than 350 colleagues from across the state and the nation. This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight the 47 percent decrease in SC's birthrate but focus on the research, awareness, advocacy, and evidence-based programming necessary to keep improving as SC is still ranked 11 in the nation for teen births. While we will work hard in beautiful Charleston, SC June 11-13, we will also take time to party just as hard as we did in Columbia at our 20th Anniversary Celebration, especially during our celebration on Thursday night at the conference! Check out some conference highlights below:
Social Work, Health Education, and Counseling Hours Available
The 2014 Summer Institute will provide strategies that impact young people's health and well-being by providing the latest information regarding teen pregnancy and STI/HIV prevention programs and approaches.
The conference will feature:
- Wednesday opening luncheon with Sarah S. Brown, CEO, National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Thursday keynote address from Beverly Bond, founder of BLACK GIRLS ROCK
- More than 30 breakout sessions featuring presenters from across the country
- Friday Power Sessions, including information on motivational interviewing, leadership, teaching boys, communication, working with older youth and evidence-based interventions for young people
- networking opportunities for participants
- An exhibit area that includes more than 20 relevant organizations and vendors
More information is available at the Summer Institute Conference homepage. Questions? Contact Kimberley Wicker at 803-771-7700.