Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It All Came Together at Summer Institute


Summer Institute 2012
In June of last year, I was hired by the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy (SC Campaign) to serve as Project Manager of their Collective Impact Initiative.  From the job description and my own personal research, I understood what my role and responsibilities were, but I did not have a strong understanding of what the SC Campaign did!  All of my questions were answered when I attended my very first Summer Institute… just two weeks after being hired.  Summer Institute has became the highlight of my year because it brings together all of the hard work and ideas of the SC Campaign staff.  Having the opportunity to participate in Summer Institute last year was such an eye-opening experience that truly showed me what the SC Campaign is all about.  Attending Summer Institute gave me a sense of pride and admiration and made me feel truly honored to be a part of the SC Campaign staff.  Last year, I had the opportunity to talk with several conference attendees and hearing their accolades and praises for Summer Institute let me know that I made the right decision to apply for my position at the SC Campaign and relocate back to Columbia, South Carolina. I truly feel that Summer Institute is the premier adolescent sexual health conference offered in the Southeastern United States!

by Dr. India Rose, PhD, Project Manager, SC Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment